The operations of industrial supply wholesalers revolve around inventory management, including order taking and fulfillment, delivery, billing and collections, and inventory replenishment and control. A typical wholesaler must track thousands of orders because the average customer order consists of a few items and low value.
Distributors of these products require a flexible, robust ERP package that can manage a variety of inventory types at one time. The ERP software must have strong inventory management software functionality and a fully integrated warehouse management system.
Front counter capabilities
- Fast, rapid checkout of contractors picking up items for the day’s jobs.
- Flexible payment options that include cash, credit card or on-account.
- Retail POS capabilities such as signature capture.
Quoting Products and Projects
Ability to quote many items quickly
Convert quote to order
Complementary & Component item
- Ability to identify and prompt users to purchase related items.
- Ability to identify all components in a kit or package.
Job & Lot Billing
- Ability to price all items as a “job”.
- Ability to ship and invoice selected items on an order in stages as the construction process requires.
- Light Manufacturing.
- Ability to accumulate costs during various stages of activity.
- Ability to track costs from outside processes.
- Simplified order release and completion.
- Integrated Warehouse Management.
- Ability to utilize wireless devices to enhance productivity.